The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the GDPR). This legislation will replace current data privacy law, giving more rights to you as an individual and more obligations to organisations holding your personal data.
One of the rights is a right to be informed, which means we must give you even more information than we do now about the way in which we use, share and store your personal information.
Who are we?
FEELGOOD FITNESS is the data controller (firstname.lastname@example.org). This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- prospective clients;
- former clients;
- people who subscribe to our newsletters;
- visitors to our website.
What is personal data?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. Examples of personal data we may hold about you include your contact and appointment details.
Special category data is a sub-category of personal data revealing data concerning health or data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation. Examples of special category data we may hold about you include your client notes and screening questionnaires.
How do we process your personal data?
We comply with our obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We store your personal data electronically and sometimes in hard copy and use it for the purposes set out below.
Sections 1 – 3 apply to our clients, prospective clients and former clients:
- We use your name, telephone number and email address to make and rearrange appointments.
- We use your name and email address, only if we have your consent, to send you marketing materials.
- Some clients and prospective clients tell us about their medical conditions and medication by email or online enquiry forms. We are unable to send or receive encrypted emails so you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit. We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send us is within the bounds of the law.
Sections 4 and 5 apply to subscribers to our newsletters:
- We maintain and use records of subscribers to our newsletters, only with their consent, for marketing purposes. This data is stored and transported electronically.
Sections 6 and 7 apply to our website users:
- When someone visits our website (www.feelgoodfitness.org.) we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
- We use website cookies to improve user experience of our website by enabling our website to ‘remember’ users for the duration of their visit – using a ‘session cookie’.